Friday, August 30, 2013

Another Rating Peak Achieved!

After this year's Southwest Chess Club's championship I managed to achieve another all time peak rating of 1771. 

Things still seem to be going rather well for me.  I feel that my approach at the board has changed a great deal over the past few weeks since I started to seriously analyze my games.  I now make a point to analyze every game after I play it.

I still plan on working on my repertoire until I get it up to par, and I know my endgames need some work, but at this point I feel like things are really continuing to improve and that slowly but surely I am climbing up to where I feel I should be.

Time will tell.

Look for some more games to be posted here soon!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Chris. The hard work is paying off. I'm curious though, how many rated games do you play in a year. In England playing for the B team at my local club I have been told to expect to get about 4 rated games a year only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg,

    I am fortunate in that I live in an area where a lot of rated chess is played. I can generally count on 70-80 games per year.

    If I wanted to I could easily play 150-200 games per year, but to me that is far too much.'

    I generally play one rated game (G/100) each week at my club on Thursday with a handful of weekend tournaments throughout the year as well.

    So when all is said and done it works out to about 70-80 games.

    I also study one to two hours per day. Sometimes more, occasionally less.

    ReplyDelete