Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Plan for October

"I can see you on the hill (oh why do I...)
You're comatose, but walking still (oh why do I...)" - Neil Young

New month, newish plan.

This month will just be a partial continuation of last month.  For October I plan on working on exactly two things:

Sicilian Taimanov

It's time to get a handle on this one.  I like the positions that arise from it.  I like that it's less muddy than my beloved Scheveningen, and I like that it's something that can be played by feel to a large degree.

So I will continue to read The Siclilian Taimanov: Move by Move by John Emms, and I will continue to study the games of Igor Miladinovic.

Analyze my Own Games

I plan on working hard to analyze each of my games in October, along with the two September games I haven't analyzed yet.  This month I will be playing in a Swiss at the Southwest Club, and will be playing in the Hales Corners Challenge next weekend.

Don't get me wrong, these aren't the only two things I will be doing as I will also be solving tactics puzzles on my phone as well as reviewing Alekhine's best games book and a book on pawn tension, but these are the main two areas of focus I intend to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment