Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Plan for November

This November will be different than the last two since I returned to playing.  In both 2011 and 2012 I (more or less) took the better part of a month off.  In 2011 it was December.  Last year it was November.  Granted, in both of those months I had some activity, but it was minimal compared with how much I had been playing.

My intent with the time off both years was to give myself a bit of a break and to spend more time studying with the intention of solidifying the results of the prior year.

This year I have no intention of taking a month off.  In fact, I might look to play a bit more.

With that in mind, I give you the plan for November, and it's the simplest plan to date:

Have Fun

Yep, that's it.  Have fun.  Read what I want to read, study what I want to study, and just enjoy myself.

I think that the monthly plans I have devised, while they had a good intent behind them, haven't served me all that well.  If for no other reason than I typically do what I want to do and ignore the things I don't want to do.

So this month I'm just opening the floodgates.  Let's just kick back and have ourselves a good time.

I do want to reach my goal of 1800 by years end.  It's well within reach since I'm essentially one OK result away (just hit a new peak of 1786) so I just need to focus on being consistent with my results and I should make it.

If I do, then I'll work on the next goal.  If I don't then I'll work on a new timeline for this one.

So with that in mind, I'm ready to get this month started!

2 comments:

  1. Just read you try to get master. An that as an adult. Hard job!
    Many of us dont improve at all. Well after such a long interim you should be able to gains some points! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. One man gathers what another man spills...so let's hope they're spilling rating points!

    ReplyDelete