Friday, April 19, 2013

Rook Endings

Well, as promised I've been doing some work on endgames.  Specifically rook endings.

So yesterday I worked though a few pages of Dvoretsky & Yusupov's Secrets of Endgame Technique and then I watched about an hour and a half of Karsten Muller's Rook Endings DVD (No. 8 in his series.  Not the No. 2 one...)

I did realize last night at the chess club that just watching a DVD and reading a book isn't what I should be doing.  I should be setting up those positions in Fritz and playing them.  What good is theoretical knowledge without practical application?

And how better to train than to have a training partner that never blunders?  I can recreate the halcyon days of the Pioneer Palace right here in the comforts of my own home!

So I am going to re-read some of the R v R+2P material and then set up those positions today.

But first I have to go to the dentist...blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment