Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Update for April

Well, I have been doing an OK job of working on tactics in April and so far it has shown in my games.  I played three G/24 games last week and felt tactically competent in them.

I do need to step up the rook ending study quite a bit though.  I have studied my horrendous endgame against Jeff Cooper from the end of last month and have learned a lot.

In addition, I have looked at some of the stuff in the Russian Endgame Handbook, but not nearly enough for my liking.

I have a four round G/60 this Saturday (those seem to be the theme of the last six weeks for me) and then my five round two day event in two weeks.

So it's time to dig in and get some work done.

Tactics are looking better at least.

My brother is here through the end of the week so I won't get any in depth work done this week.  Which means that the next two weeks will be of the utmost importance in making progress.

I have three days off coming up.  The 18th, 19th, and 22nd.  So a five day weekend.  I will need to use it for rook ending study.  I will then prep openings the last few days before the end of month tournament.

Time will tell.  But at least the tactics don't suck as bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment