Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Week So Far

So far this week I have pretty much followed the plan.  Granted, we're only a few days in to the week, but it's good not to stray too far without good reason.

So far this week I have played through several games in Steve Giddin's book The English: Move by Move.  I finished the chapter on 1...e5 and have moved on to the chapter on 1...c5.

In addition I have done some minimal work with Mihail Marin's The English Opening - Volume One.  This is the volume that covers the 1...e5 responses.  I need to dig in and really learn some of this material. 

Particularly I want to play the Botvinnik lines against setups involving ...g6.  Giddin's book does minimally cover that material, but Marin's book covers it in depth since it's a repertoire book rather than a brief overview.

Additionally I've gone back to something I had gotten away from for a while, and that is doing daily tactics puzzles.  I have been making great use of Chess Tempo to work on puzzles for 15-20 minutes per day.  I have been trying to do this as a warm up before doing the "heavy lifting" so to speak.

If you are reading this and you have some advice for me I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment